July 12, 2022 | Grand Ridge, IL
Five contractors from Double L Seamless Gutters of Roanoke received electrical shocks and fell 25 feet from their ladders around 11 a.m. after an aluminum gutter they were installing touched a live power line. The workers were all on aluminum ladders at the time of the incident.
There were no fatalities, but two of the contractors sustained serious injuries, and were flown to the burn unit in Springfield, according to Grand Ridge Fire Chief Tim Geiger. The other three contractors were taken to area hospitals.
The Sheriff of LaSalle County is investigating the incident.
More here: https://abc7chicago.com/lasalle-county-il-grand-ridge-electrocution-gutter-workers-electrocuted/12047060/