The Titan XT™ is Tamko’s new architectural/dimensional-style shingle and is part of the Tamko Heritage Proline™ . The Titan XT has an array of features not found in their Heritage shingle. The most notable improvements are:
–A defined nailing zone (5x larger than in the Heritage line) that is reinforced with a 2 inch polyester fabric strip.
–A much more robust sealing strip that allow for a 15 year limited warranty on winds up to 160mph.
A full Tamko Titan XT review will be posted in the future.
Features and Specifications:
- Material: Fiberglass/Asphalt
- Rapid Fire Zone™ — a clearly defined 1-1/2″
expanded nailing zone
- A reinforced nail line — 2″ poly strip reinforcing the nailing zone and the common bond
- Manufactured with an enhanced, polymer-modified shingle sealant
- Limited Lifetime warranty
- 10-year Full Start™ non-prorated warranty period
- 10-year Algae Cleaning Limited Warranty
- 6 colors
- Wind warranty: 15 year limited warranty for winds up to 160 mph when applied in accordance with Titan XT’s
High Wind Application Instructions
- Shingle size: 13-1/4″ × 39-3/8″
- Exposure: 5 5/8″
- Approximate pieces/square: 64
- Approximate bundles/square: 3